[Koha-devel] RFC for a really new stuff : sharing data worldwide

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Mon Feb 1 12:16:28 CET 2016

Hi Paul,

I have this idea (share reports) in mind for a while.
The main point was to keep up-to-date the reports listed on the wiki
page (https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library).
IMO one important thing is to cover each report with tests, to confirm
they still pass from one version to another.
It will also permit to have a versioning of them: "this report is
valid from version 3.XX to version 3.YY"

For a another use, have a look at the commit message of the first
patch of bug 14100: Generic solution for language overlay - Item
types:
    N/ Implement a webservice to centralize all the translations and give
    the ability to sync the item types/authorised values description with
    the rest of the world (push and pull).
It would be good to keep that in mind for a future implementation.