[Koha-devel] NorwegianPatronDB

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Wed Feb 10 22:46:30 CET 2016

Hi!
I'm working on 3.22.02 and my logs are FILLED with the following warnings:

Members.pm: Unable to load Koha::*NorwegianPatronDB* at
/blurred/C4/Members.pm line 46., referer:
http://blurred/cgi-bin/koha/acqui/booksellers.pl
admin-home.pl: Unable to load Koha::*NorwegianPatronDB* at
/blurred/C4/Members.pm line 46., referer:
http://blurred/cgi-bin/koha/admin/preferences.pl

I look at the code, and beside wondering why that custom feature is so
profoundly imbricated into master Koha, I was wondering what is not working.

So I hacked the code to add verbose => 1 on the can_load call, and found
that NorwegianPatronDB was not compiling because it was missing the
following libraries:

  apt-get -y install libsoap-lite-perl
  apt-get -y install libcrypt-gcrypt-perl
  apt-get -y install libconvert-basen-perl

Those modules are specified as NOT mandatory in 3.22.  As such, I should
not be flooded with Norwegian errors because they are not available, for
a module which I and most do not care for.

Or am I getting it wrong?

Thanks
Philippe