[Koha-devel] Country-specific forks?

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 05:51:02 CET 2016

Salvete!

> So do we want one Koha to rule them all, including country-specific
> features, or do we want one fork per country?

    +1 to One Koha to Rule Them All, provided that Koha remain GPL as always and not under Sauron's control. ;)

    But seriously, a long time ago when animals could talk, I remember pointing out that it was easy to swap languages on the catalogue. This is an extremely useful feature to multilingual organisations or bodies - read Kiwis, the UN, Canadians and any other nation with more than one official language, silly nations like the US with NO official language, CKJ libraries and so on.

    Now if y'all are clever enough to get stuff to work in a way that lets people whittle things down appropriately through plugins, more power to you. If modules must be made, I still beg folks to break that down in terms of Library type preference sets so that there's a Koha in a Box for Small Rural Libraries, one for Large Academic Libraries, et cetera.

Cheers,
Brooke