[Koha-devel] Country-specific forks?

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Tue Feb 16 18:18:19 CET 2016

Dear Colleagues,

For what it's worth, consider how Mozilla offers Firefox with its
"market place" of extensions/plug-ins. Yes many of the extensions
overlap and have duplicate features, but that just makes Firefox that
much more flexible, open, and lovable (IMHO). Sure there might be
neglected extensions/plug-ins for deprecated versions of Koha, but
that is not new to any open source software market place such as
Sourceforge, Github, Google Code, etc. I think that it would send Koha
users the message that the software truly belongs to them and that
they can do extreme customization with plug-ins or contribute modest
patches and enhancements to a core, global-friendly Koha Master.

With Firefox's success, I know that such a system is possible

Thank you,

Christopher Davis, MLS
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library