[Koha-devel] [Koha] RFC: Circulation Rules Interface and Backend Revamp RFC

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Jan 8 10:17:06 CET 2016

(continuing on devel only)

That's good news :)
We absolutely need a discussion here indeed, not to reproduce previous
attempts who failed.
For instance, (I have only 2 examples in mind) :
- Simplify the DB structure: Bug 8369 - default_branch_circ_rule and
default_circ_rules tables useless
- Modify the display : Bug 5872 - Enhancements to circulation
You can find on comment 27 a screencast to show you the interface
suggested: http://screencast.com/t/4duT8KV6VjQ (Thanks Liz for that!)

As I completely agree the current interface has show its limits, I
personally think that the table is a good way to have an overview of
the rules. What you suggest seems less easy to understand, especially
for libraries using very complex circ rules.

Cheers and good luck :)
Jonathan