[Koha-devel] Staff Client Normal View details

akafortes akafortes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:17:33 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask if it is possible to add the value of a MARC field as a
label in one of the Normal view fields.
I use the "UNIMARCslim2intranetDetail.xsl".

And I have something like this:
 <xsl:call-template name="tag_7xx">
 <xsl:with-param name="tag">700</xsl:with-param>
 <xsl:with-param name="label">Main Author</xsl:with-param>
 </xsl:call-template>

Which in the Normal View, on the Staff Client would Display:
Main Author: Author's Name from 700

I use the 700$4 to store a code that Identifies, in a way, what that person
is. I use a list of authorized value of this form:

Value Description
005   Actor
070   Author
      .
      .
      .

What I'd like to do is something like this:
 <xsl:call-template name="tag_7xx">
 <xsl:with-param name="tag">700</xsl:with-param>
 <xsl:with-param name="label">700$4 Description</xsl:with-param>
 </xsl:call-template>

So for example if record has "Author" in the 700$4 then I'd want the normal
view to display that as a label

Can anyone please tell me if:
1) is this possible to be done?
2) if it is possible, how would I go about doing it?

Thank you very much