[Koha-devel] Read suggestions plugin

SUZUKI Arthur arthur.suzuki at univ-lyon3.fr
Fri Jul 1 19:47:01 CEST 2016

To all your questions, yes sure!

About UNIMARC or MARC21, this is quite easy to implement, it just needs  some parameters to the report-step1 sub and template.

I tested it on our pre-production server, the query takes 1s at the maximum to scan the whole DB (i did only sub selects and inner join to get a reduced dataset).

"Release early, release often", i thought it would be much easier to implement first in a plugin plus it is nice to use this new feature.
And really easy to install without messing with custom patches and git branches.

Many ways to optimize:
SQL:
-create a table to store those lists, like an index?
-filter or aggregate results on several fields (type of documents, subject, country, author, whatever)?

Template:
-How to integrate into OPAC?

Also every text is hardcoded for now, I don't know yet if translation is available through the plugin system, this is to be investigated.

Otherwise yes, could be merged to core code but I would need help on this because I don't know much about the core Koha architecture.

Have a nice weekend,
Cheers
Arthur