[Koha-devel] DBIx::Class and ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Thu Jun 9 16:46:54 CEST 2016

Hi devs,

Just to know if one of you already faced this issue:
>From bug 16584, it seems that MySQL will now complained if the group
by claused is not fully filled with the column we select.
If you set ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY in the sql_mode options of the my.cnf
file, you will get

Template process failed: undef error -
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): 'koha.me.shelfname' isn't
in GROUP BY at /home/koha/src/Koha/Objects.pm line 204
 at /home/koha/src/opac/opac-shelves.pl line 375

It's raised by one of the methods of Koha::Virtualshelves, because
there is no 'select' defined. But if we define one, we will have to
list of the column of the virtualshelves tables. This sounds a bit
weird and I guess there is an alternative, but I have not found
anything in the DBIx::Class doc.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jonathan