[Koha-devel] Attaching files in Koha 3.22

Keith Kahn-Harris keith at kahn-harris.org
Tue Mar 1 18:11:36 CET 2016

Hello

I am working on an archiving project for a library that has just adopted Koha 3.18. We are planning on undertaking a sizeable digitisation project for various special collections we hold - including sound files, pdfs and jpegs. The question we are looking at now is where to host these files. I understand that Koha 3.22 allows for attaching files to bibliographic records. What I’d like to know is how well this system works as a means of hosting archival material - and whether it obviates the need for a separate archiving and hosting system.

So has anyone on this list used Koha 3.22 for this purpose? Are there any library systems I can look at that display attached files through Koha 3.22? Or does anyone have some screenshots they could send me?

Do excuse the lack of technical literacy - we are only just getting going on this process and grappling with Koha.

Many thanks

Dr Keith Kahn-Harris