[Koha-devel] Packing needs - status to add to bugzilla and the dashboard?

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:55:57 CET 2016

I think this thread is starting to veer off course, so let's bring it back
home.

I simply want edto question our motives and methods. Barriers to entry
should be a constant concern us. I think it's important that we stay
vigilant and question new requirements for developers. If we never do that,
we'll end up with an ecosystem where we have no new developers and our
talent pool may dry up.

I've reviewed all the wiki pages we have concerning packaging dependencies,
and while there is plenty of information, there is no direction. I think
URL::Encode is a great example, as it is a simple library with no
dependencies other than Carp.

I ran
dh-make-perl --pkg-perl --build --cpan URL::Encode
and it ran without errors, and now I have a debian package for the library.

What now?
Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )