[Koha-devel] A three-level cache?

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:33:42 CET 2016

Hi

jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org>:

> Hi devs,
>
> I have worked on a three-level cache to cache our stuffs:
> L1 - hashref
> L2 - memcache
> L3 - DB
>
> Please have a look at bug 11998 and bug 16044.
> I really really would like to get your opinions on these patches.

I really like the approach because it provides a specilized way of dealing
with caching for each use case. Thus, no penalty because of the removal of
in-memory cache (L1), and we can have proper invalidation for heavier stuff
on memcache (L2) without the need to have a single way to cache stuff.

I signed 11988 after reviewing and properly testing it. The only issue I
found was that it was sysprefs-specific, and then I found 16044 put the
code were it belongs, and I can say we can find some bug on it, but this is
a huge improvement in terms of speed and also maintainability.

Congrats Robin and Jonathan

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)