[Koha-devel] Exception::Class version number

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:14:54 CET 2016

Greetings,

Exception::Class was added as a dependency. Debian 8’s default is 1.38 and not the minimum required of 1.39.

>From the Changes file:
1.40    2016-01-29

- Fixed broken metadata. Reported by Slaven Rezić. GitHub #3.

1.39    2014-11-01

- Replaced the Exception::Class::Base->NoRefs method with UnsafeRefCapture to
  match changes in Devel::StackTrace 2.00. The old method is deprecated but
  will continue to work.

1.38    2014-05-05

- An exception without a message will now default to either the associated
  exception class description or the string "[Generic exception]". Patch by
  Ricardo Signes. PR #2.

- Added field_hash() and context_hash() methods. Patch by Ricardo Signes. PR
  #1.

So the question is: Could we either (1) package up 1.40 or (2) lower the required version? I’d prefer to make underlying scariness less visible to the user who may wander to the About –> Perl Modules page.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett