[Koha-devel] Time to think Plack?

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Wed May 4 15:07:00 CEST 2016

Hi Tomas,

As I haven't worked much with Plack, I am not sure to understand what
you mean by "thinking of Koha as a Plack app". Do you mean rewrite Koha
so that Plack::App::CGIBin is not needed to make it work under Plack ?

How is it related to the API implementation with Mojolicious ?
I believe Mojolicious apps can be turned into Plack apps quite easily.
Are you suggesting we should extend the use of Mojolicious to all parts
of Koha ?

On 04/05/2016 14:39, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
> Hi everyone, I just wanted to raise some questions, that might be worth
> thinking about at the KohaCon16 hackfest, or just here.
>
> Koha has been a CGI app for ages. And we slowly made it work under Plack
> to gain performance. We did so, by running it inside a CGI emulation
> context (i.e. CGI::Emulate::PSGI [1]). We even wired all stuff so
> packages can take advantage of Plack out of the box (just not enabled by
> default, that'd be a next future step).
>
> We then introduced a Mojolicious implementation of (a beggining of) a
> REST API.
>
> Is it time to start thinking of Koha as a Plack app and focus on that?
>

> [1] Through Plack::App::CGIBin actually.
>
> --
> Tomás Cohen Arazi
> Theke Solutions (http://theke.io <http://theke.io/>)
> ✆ +54 9351 3513384