[Koha-devel] Fuzzy searching in ICU

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Thu May 5 16:15:50 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:28 PM, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I thought I was going crazy(er) last night when search wasn’t working for
> me in my Koha dev install...
>

> I kept seeing this message in yaz-client:
>
> [120] Unsupported Truncation attribute -- v2 addinfo '103'
>

> I started going through my configuration files with a fine-tooth comb,
> when suddenly I realized that I was using the ICU tokenizer rather than the
> CHR tokenizer.
>

> Sure enough, when I changed that over and re-built Koha, it was working
> again.

Just so I'm clear, which configuration file did you change, and how did you
change it?

> I’m sure everyone who uses ICU knows that you can’t use QueryFuzzy
> searching, but this was a painful reminder.

Hm... apparently I'm not a subset of "Everyone e who uses ICU", then. ;-)

Is the "Unsupported truncation attribute" coming from ICU, or from
queryfuzzy?

Also, is QueryStemming affected?

I think that I may have been bitten by this recently, although I'm going to
have to do some more research to be sure.

Thanks for the heads up.

--Barton