[Koha-devel] Fuzzy searching in ICU

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri May 6 02:51:43 CEST 2016

Here’s a short wiki comment about it:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Zebra#What_is_an_Unsupported_Truncation_attribute.3F

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St

Ultimo, NSW 2007

Office: 02 9212 0899

Direct: 02 8005 0595

From: Barton Chittenden [mailto:barton at bywatersolutions.com]
Sent: Friday, 6 May 2016 12:16 AM
To: David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au>
Cc: Koha-devel <koha-devel at lists.koha-community.org>
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Fuzzy searching in ICU

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:28 PM, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au <mailto:dcook at prosentient.com.au> > wrote:

Hi all,

I thought I was going crazy(er) last night when search wasn’t working for me in my Koha dev install...

I kept seeing this message in yaz-client:

[120] Unsupported Truncation attribute -- v2 addinfo '103'

I started going through my configuration files with a fine-tooth comb, when suddenly I realized that I was using the ICU tokenizer rather than the CHR tokenizer.

Sure enough, when I changed that over and re-built Koha, it was working again.

Just so I'm clear, which configuration file did you change, and how did you change it?

I’m sure everyone who uses ICU knows that you can’t use QueryFuzzy searching, but this was a painful reminder.

Hm... apparently I'm not a subset of "Everyone e who uses ICU", then. ;-)

Is the "Unsupported truncation attribute" coming from ICU, or from queryfuzzy?

Also, is QueryStemming affected?

I think that I may have been bitten by this recently, although I'm going to have to do some more research to be sure.

Thanks for the heads up.

--Barton