[Koha-devel] proper sorting order and search for Swedish characters and ISBN search

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Nov 24 17:32:03 CET 2016

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 05:20:03PM +0100, Gaetan Boisson wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I have been trying several things to try to sort this out, and haven't found
> a way (yet) that would avoid ugly compromises.
>
> The issue is: in Swedish ä, ö and å are separate letters. Not variants of a
> and o. This means that searching for å shouldn't bring up a. When sorting,
> they belong to the very end of the alphabet, after z, not along a and o.

In ICU, setting the locale parameter to "sv" (swedish) should do this. I
cant seem to get this to work in yaz-icu but there are tests in the yaz
code base for passing locale to strings. However I'm not sure how to
correctly specify this for yaz the documentation is way too sketchy.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,