[Koha-devel] INSTALL.debian is outdated

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 10:34:42 CET 2016

Greetings,

Reed Wade asked:
> If I had some spare time, what would a minimally useful koha
> related redhat style something look like?
> Is it the packaging or the build recipe or both?

Given that koha is generally installed for production with: sudo apt-get install koha-common
(plus the other steps)
The ability to: yum install koha-common
Because an RPM existed would be nice, plus RPMs for the 18ish
(it was around that number last I checked) libraries that are not
available in the default CentOS repos.

Granted, I do not use CentOS regularly, but I was crazy enough to try non-Debian installs with it and even attempted a native Windows install a while back. Sadly, Windows natively is just too painful to succeed.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett