[Koha-devel] INSTALL.debian is outdated

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:00:08 CET 2016

Greetings,

Reed Wade pondered:
> And, so, actually, I have to wonder if putting together a redhat style
> installation
> is a long term good or not.

A full koha-common RPM, perhaps not. That would need updating each release.
But all the parts (libXXX-perl) that are missing would be good if hosted by
the community.
Generally the minimum required for a library doesn’t change long term.

Reed Wade inquired:
> I don't predict being able to support a full on always current redhat
> collection of packages -- so maybe the world is safer as things stand now?

Providing just the missing pieces to be hosted by the community would never
go out of
worth, because if the default repos caught up and/or surpassed, they would
get used.

Zeno Tajoli suggested:
> A good plus is to write an  Ansible task  for all the requirements
> in Centos 7.x for Koha 16.05 and 16.11

I would think that such a task would also have merit.
I suspect that something might be adaptable from ansible script on
kohadevbox.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett