[Koha-devel] Development environment ,

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 05:16:36 CEST 2016

Hi Mark ,
Thanks for the information
it might be better just to install another operating system on my PC ,
at the beginning I didn't know that there is a vagrant box for koha , so I
just tried to install from vagrant library .I cloned debian and work on it
by installing koha , but I don't know what happen maybe shared folder which
looks it  has a very public permissions is not suitable for koha
installation , I didn't try a lot maybe I will try first if it fail then I
must have another operating system with my windows .

By the way I also gave some tries to install koha on windows 10 ubuntu (*Bash
on Ubuntu on Windows *) but it looks something went wrong not very clear
what was the problem I didn't try a lot as well it was a month ago I forgot
what was the problem but something with apache2 . I might also try again
with it later .

Thanks again .

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Mark Tompsett <mtompset at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> [SNIP]
> > Check out https://github.com/digibib/kohadevbox
> > Its a vagrant-based development-environment which are used by many Koha
> > developers.
>
> Owen replied:
> > As far as I know it is not possible to install kohadevbox on Windows.
>
> Only because the ansible provisioning script does not run on Windows.
> If your machine is booting some Linux based OS that runs ansible, then you
> should be able to get it to work.
>
> I still work based on stuff from this:
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_git
> It should be noted that Ubuntu instructions should run on Debian, with only
> the extra steps of having to:
> $ su -
> <root password>
> # apt-get install sudo
> # adduser <regular user name> sudo
> # exit
> $ exit
> Then log back in -- or something close.
>
> Granted, someone else may recommend gitify which may be faster, but I have
> never done it yet.
> https://github.com/mkfifo/koha-gitify/blob/master/README.md
>
> GPML,
> Mark Tompsett