[Koha-devel] 3 tiny but very useful things

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Fri Sep 9 11:55:06 CEST 2016

Hi!

On 09/09/2016 11:03, Jonathan Druart wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I have fixed 3 tiny things this morning:
>
> 1/ Fold obsolete patches
> I have sent a SQL query to Chris to automatically add the obsolete tag
> to the obsolete comment. That will cause them to be collapsed by
> default (was already fixed previously by a greasemonkey script).

Will the query be run only once or periodically (ie. can i throw away
the greasemonkey script) ? The GM script is useful to hide comments
about obsolete patch for example (is that what you mean by "obsolete
comments" ?)

> 3/ The last, but not the least.
> Yesterday on #koha
> "oleonard wishes for git-bz auto-applying of dependent patches"
> Hum... not that hard finally, here it is:
> https://github.com/joubu/git-bz/tree/apply_on_cascade
> A good example to learn how it works:
>   git bz apply 17249
> Have fun :)
> Disclaimer: This has not been tested deeply (but should not make your
> computer burst into flames)

Great!
Does it handle cases where dependencies are referenced more than once ?
Example: bug 1 depends on bugs 2 and 3, but bug 3 also depends on bug 2.
It should apply 2 only once.
Little improvement suggestion: add a switch to enable/disable this
feature. Something like --follow-deps=always|interactive|never so it
could be used more easily in scripts.

--
Julian Maurice <julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
BibLibre