[Koha-devel] Restart plack when needed

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon Sep 12 13:53:09 CEST 2016

wow! impressive !

Is the option --reload shipped with packages ? Because if I'm not wrong,
it's "useless" in a production environment: you know when you update
your Koha and you can restart plack manually or trough the packages
post-update scripts, isn't it ?

Le 09/09/2016 à 16:32, Jonathan Druart a écrit :
> Hi devs,
>
> A couple days ago I found  that the --reload option of plackup causes
> a high CPU load (around 35%). If I remove it, the process is around 1%
> (when sleeping).
> So I have tried inotify2 (Linux::Inotify2) to add watchers and restart
> plack when a file is changed.
> But 1/ It's not recursive and I will have to script without knowing
> the perf impacts and 2/ It will be terrible when checking out another
> git branch (1 restart per file changed!).
>
> After a talk with a friend, I decided to use a git hook and map a key
> in my vim config to do so:
>
> The git hook:
> .git/hooks/post-checkout
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/local/bin/restart_plack
> exit 0
>
> The vim map command:
> map <F2> <Esc>:w<CR>:!(/usr/local/bin/restart_plack > /dev/null 2>&1)&<CR>a
>
> And that's all :)
>
> To be complete, here is my restart_plack script: http://pastebin.com/8wFSC4fJ
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques
BibLibre, Open Source software and services for libraries