[Koha-devel] What's on in Koha devel #4

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Wed Sep 14 11:39:59 CEST 2016

Hi devs,

No new topic this month.
Please see bellow the progress of the regular ones.

= Security issues =
They are almost all pushed. Please see the following 2 omnibus to know
what is left:
bug 14568 - [OMNIBUS] XSS in Staff Client
bug 17096 - [OMNIBUS] CSRF protections

= Caching system =
Last month I told you about bug 16579, it has been split into 2 bug reports:
Bug 11921 - memcached configuration should be moved back to koha-conf.xml
Bug 17189 - Add the ability to define several memcached namespaces
They have been pushed to master.
The conclusion of this is that the memcached configuration is now
moved back to the koha-conf.xml file. Memcached will be used for
cronjob scripts and Plack without the need to export environment
variables.
The next step is bug 17224 - Switch to Koha::Cache completely in Context.pm ?
To help administrators, bug 17261 is going to display the memcached
configuration info to about.pl to inform them if something is badly
configured or if everything is ok.

= RESTful API =
Last month I have asked some general questions about the RESTful API
and the different patches waiting for QA/SO.
I did not receive any replies from people directly involved in the
RESTful API patches.
I have put this part aside last month (and certainly for the next
month as well).
As Marcel said: "If the community decides to push it, the community
will have to maintain it".
Ok so let's define "the community" :)

= Refactoring =
== Koha::Patrons ==
Still lot of things to test/qa, see bug 16846 - Move patron related
code to Koha::Patron

== C4::Branch ==
This one is, finally, removed.
Bug 15293 - Move the C4::Branch related code to Koha::Libraries
is now complete!
The total diff is something like 1800+ for 3500-

== Koha::AuthorisedValues ==
Lot of patches to test on bug 15799 (Move authorised values related
code into Koha::AuthorisedValues - part 2)

== Remove field biblioitems.marc ==
Following a discussion on koha-devel in July
(http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-July/042821.html),
I have submitted a patch on
  Bug 10455 - remove redundant 'biblioitems.marc' field
and
  Bug 17196 - Move marcxml out of the biblioitems table

This will need to be tested deeply.

= Ubuntu 16.04 support =
Note that we are still waiting for bug 16554 to support Ubuntu 16.04
and MySQL 5.7. But lot of other bugs exist and only few have been reported.
See bug 17258 for the list of the known bugs.

= Dev tools =
I have sent 2 emails last week, you will find 2 smalls things for
bugzilla, 1 for git-bz and 1 for plack:
3 tiny but very useful things -
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-September/043023.html
Restart plack when needed -
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-September/043026.html

= Miscellaneous =
Tomas asked for feedback on transactions and exceptions a couple of days ago:
Coding patterns discussion -
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-September/043032.html

Note that Paul sent a last call to register for the hackfest in
Marseille - http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-September/043046.html

A dev meeting is planned on September 28th at 21 UTC
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_28_September_2016).
Please have a look at the agenda and the different topics we will
discussed.

Cheers,
Jonathan