[Koha-devel] Custom authentication

Rodrigo Santellan rsantellan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:49:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

I need to authenticate using a custom LDAP and a custom Web Service
authentication how will be the best to implement this without forking the
code.

I ask this because I'm trying to migrate an old Koha 2.2.3 that has gone
astray from the community and I don't want to start doing that again.

What I plan to do is copy the Auth_with_ldap.pm to Auth_with_ldap_custom.pm
and do my changes there. But I don't know if that is the really the best
way to implement that or there is a place to put the custom authentication?

Another question is about debugging, when maintaining the old one I use a
lot: my $logger = C4::Context -> get_logger('C4::Auth'); and then log the
data. (I'm a newbie in Perl and Koha) How can I achieve the same in the new
one? I saw the Koha::Logger but is not the same.

Regards! And thank for any help!