[Koha-devel] To React or not to React

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:35:59 CEST 2016

I think I covered everyones questions. If I missed any or anyone has
followups to my replies, please keep them coming! Koha *needs* a way for us
to develop and use modern web practices. Koha has always evolved as the web
has evolved. If it didn't, we'd still be using pure cgi-script with no
javascript or ui layout framework! It's time for Koha to evolve a again,
and it's a very small step compared to say the introduction of Bootstrap.
React will just be another tool we can use to make Koha even better than
before, and will not require changing much code at all to add, and does not
affect any currently submitted patches.

Again, please keep the questions and suggestions coming! Thanks to everyone
who has joined in the discussion so far!

Kyle

<https://secure2.convio.net/cffh/site/Donation2?df_id=1395&FR_ID=4715&PROXY_ID=2706639&PROXY_TYPE=20&1395.donation=form1&s_src=CHORUS&s_subsrc=CHAADOEB>

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )