[Koha-devel] ES6 usage in the staff client

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Aug 4 14:03:31 CEST 2017

Am 04.08.2017 um 13:48 schrieb Owen Leonard:
>>    * Use ES6 classes. This will work in Firefox 45+ (which includes two ESR
>> releases), Chrome 42+, Edge and Safari 9
>
> I'm leaning towards this option, but it would be nice to get some
> feedback from users (or from support companies who ask their users?)
> who might be required by their workplace to use IE.
>
> What are you working on?

In
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.05/html/00_intro.html#koha-recommendations
the documentation says: "When working in the Koha staff client it is
strongly recommended that you use the Firefox browser. Koha’s staff
client is not supported in Internet Explorer and has not yet been fully
optimized for Google Chrome."

Personally I am working with Mozilla Firefox 54.0.

But a lot of Koha staff users still work on MS Internet Explorer and
usually they are FORCED to do so by their IT departments. Probably many
or even most library users are also using the MS Internet Explorer when
accessing the OPAC, so I think this unloved webbrowser definitely has to
be supported in one way or the other (if not both).

Best wishes: Michael