[Koha-devel] MARC frameworks in Koha

Katrin katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Wed Aug 9 20:04:52 CEST 2017

Hi Marcel and Christopher,

maybe to explain this a bit more, Koha will already display all the
information from 260 and 264 in the detail view and result lists,
because in those views the full MARC record is used as the source for
the displayed information.

There are other, brief views, that pull information from the columns in
the biblio and biblioitems tables only. The mappings define, how these
columns are filled with information. For example the default mapping for
copyrightdate is 260 at the moment. An example for a 'brief' view would
be the list of records in the cart, or the information shown in the
acquisitions module.

Christopher got me thinking: For 260 and 264 are repeatable, as a side
effect of cataloguing rule changes, they might even appear both in a
record (even if they shouldn't). Which year will be given priority? For
display purposes in the brief views, only one year should be displayed.

I agree with the idea of making the mapping on the default framework the
standard to use for all MARC records. If we support other formats at
some point, we could add a default BIBFRAME or default Dublin Core
mapping maybe?

Katrin