[Koha-devel] Koha 17 on Centos 7

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Aug 31 18:08:11 CEST 2017

Hi Waylon

> Is there instructions somewhere, that tell me how to install koha 17 on
> centos 7?
>
> Does anyone have any hints? Do i really have to one by one, install all
> those dependancies that the dependancy script says? or is there a faster
> way?

Most probably, yes. CentOS is definitely NOT supported by the Koha
Community (at the time only Debian GNU/Linux 8 and Ubuntu 16.04 are
supported, see https://koha-community.org/download-koha/ ).

I'm trying to collect information about other operating systems resp.
distributions. About CentOS I found only the following:

1.
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.10_on_Centos_6.3_x86_64_en
(a very old documentation)

2. https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2016-October/046473.html
(someone claiming to have Koha installed on CentOS "just fine")

 From my personal experience, there is nothing better than Debian 8 if
you want to use Koha.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael