[Koha-devel] newbie would appreciate help!

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Mon Dec 4 18:32:25 CET 2017

There are a couple things I would recommend.
First is to make sure the field of the record you are searching for made it
into the database.  If you aren't familiar with database you may need some
help from someone who is.  I believe the database schema is still in
isntaller/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql.  You are probably looking for
biblio.title or biblio.seriestitle or biblioitems.isbn or items.barcode.
The second thing is to make sure the search engines database got populated
too.  You are probably using the idzebra search engine.  So make sure
/usr/bin/zebrasrv is running, make sure you have run the
bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl script right, and make sure the value
you are searching for is in the idzebra database.  The way I would do that
is with the yaz-client.  I have a simple yaz script for that purpose that
looks like this:

set_cclfile /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/ccl.properties
set_cqlfile /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/cql.properties
authentication kohauser:zebrastripes
open unix:/usr/local/koha3.2/var/run/zebradb/bibliosocket
base biblios
format xml
elements marcxml
querytype ccl2rpn
find kw,wrdl="Maze Runner" and branch=703 and mc-itype,phr=F
show 2
delete
close
exit

Of course you will have to change the properties and socket paths to match
your install.  Then run this with `yaz-client -f /tmp/yaz-zebra-test.txt`.
Sometimes I've had to put the auth and property files commands on the
command line to get that to work, which looks like `yaz-client -u
kohauser:zebrastripes -c /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/ccl.properties -q
/usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/cql.properties -f /tmp/yaz-zebra-test.txt
unix:/usr/local/koha3.2/var/run/zebradb/bibliosocket`, again changing the
paths to match your install.

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:18 AM, Johan Seyfferdt <johan at spbcu.ru> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Thank you for adding me to this mailing list.
>
> I have a question.
>
> I am a sysadmin in St Petersburg, Russia and we are in the process of
> moving to Koha.  So I am a newbie :)
>
> I chosed the unimarc option as our database is in rusmarc.  We have our
> database in .mrc format,  it is about 27 000 books in cyrilic, english and
> german.
>
> I was able to setup koha import that database but the search function does
> not work.
>
> I did a lot of googling, i tried kooha 16.05, 16.11, 17.05 on Debain 8 and
> 9 but without avail...
>
> Any help will be truly appreciated! as i am truly stuck.
>
> Johan Seyfferdt

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst