[Koha-devel] Hello, and question about kohadevbox

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Sun Feb 5 14:04:25 CET 2017

Excerpts from Tomas Cohen Arazi's message of 2017-02-02 10:23:09 +0000:
> This is due to recent changes on koha-* scripts. I'll try to fix it today.

Thanks, it seems better now.

I decided to start over from scratch because the koha-common package
somehow got into a broken, half-installed state that I was unable to fix.

I reproduced the provision steps manually in a fresh Jessie VM, so
that I could take snapshots of the VM for disaster recovery, and to
see exactly where failures might occur.  Things went much better this
time: I was able to get a gitified Koha installation up and running.

But things failed when I tried to start plack using koha-plack.  The
failure occurred in adjust_paths_dev_install(), in
/usr/share/koha/bin/koha-functions.sh, at this line:

        dev_install=$(xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/dev_install' /etc/koha/sites/$instancename/koha-conf.xml)

There is no dev_install in my copy of koha-conf.xml, so xmlstarlet returned
a non-zero exit status.  Because koha-plack has a "set -e" at the top,
the script exited immediately and did not start plack.