[Koha-devel] Advice for testing bug 17710

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Jan 12 01:32:25 CET 2017

Hi all,

I wrote a little patch to make C4::Matcher::get_matches and
C4::ImportBatch::GetBestRecordMatch use the same logic for sorting matches,
so that matches are returned consistently in the same order.

However, C4::Matcher::get_matches is basically spaghetti and relies on Zebra
(and a hard-coded Zebra server at that), so I'm not sure how best to test
it. I was thinking maybe turning the sorting into a little function and unit
testing that.

Would that be sufficient? In terms of manual testing, I think matching is
mostly done behind the scenes, so it would be tough to verify the output of
the sort.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems