[Koha-devel] AUTO_INCREMENT fix - prevent data lost

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Jul 21 02:12:47 CEST 2017

Not in my experience, but we are running in DEBUG mode, so you’ll typically have a max of 1 collision with a table pairing which is very easy to remedy. But that’s academic. As Jonathan has pointed out, if you don’t have DEBUG on, you’ll lose data, and that’s not good!

Jonathan, I started reading through your links yesterday, but I got sidetracked by other priorities. I’ll look at providing more feedback today. In short, I’m not 100% confident in the MySQL init solution. While it may solve the restart issue, I don’t know that it solves the OPTIMIZE issue, so I rather something more robust and less hacky. But I’ll review all the links and provide more in-depth feedback. (I don’t think Koha by default uses OPTIMIZE, so I think it would be fair for the Koha community to ignore that issue, but it would still be unfortunate for us since we do use OPTIMIZE and that resets the auto_increment counter.)

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St