[Koha-devel] AUTO_INCREMENT fix - prevent data lost

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Jul 21 05:57:48 CEST 2017

Jonathan, have you thought anymore about merging the deleted* tables back in with the active tables? This would have the benefit of fixing problems with things like “Checkout history” where issues containing deleted borrowers or deleted items have these details nullified and thus disappear from the system.

I suppose we’d have to make sure the deleted flag is indexed, and it would mean changing many SQL reports not to include deleted records… so that might be easier said than done.

Alternatively, maybe we need more robust logical (ie code) ways of managing the relationships between active and inactive (ie deleted) data? I mean… what’s the point of keeping a history of data if we can’t use it?

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St