[Koha-devel] Clean HTML validations....

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 18:18:18 CEST 2017

Greetings,

I noticed a couple bugs fix HTML on a couple things, but not all. In fact, I hit a stall on one bug, so I just removed myself from it. However, the problem still haunts me. Is there a community acceptable way to fix HTML validation of something like: <option value=""></option>?

This happens in many places, and when someone fixes a missing </form> or </div> tag, my tendency is to see what other HTML creeps would be easy. Some are, but this one is not.
Possibilities:
<option value=””> </option>
<option value=””>Enter something meaningful</option> (where the phrase is descriptive of what is expected, or what nothing really means in this case)

Thoughts, feedback, updated coding guidelines?

GPML,
Mark Tompsett