[Koha-devel] Multi language item types, branch names, sysprefs value, authorised values, and permission descriptions

Massoud Alshareef massoud at kwareict.com
Sat Mar 4 07:29:47 CET 2017

Hello Jonathan,

Last year with Koha 3.22 came a nice feature to enable Koha libraries to
add another description in another language to the following policies'
names:
item types, branch names, sysprefs value, authorised values, and permission
descriptions

Enabling this translation feature was implemented with item types
description only. When we asked then about the other policies, it was told
then that they will follow in upcoming releases. Koha 16.xx then came out,
with all its subsequent major/ minor releases following, and this feature
do not seem to be placed in the development list to be extended to other
policies as promised.

I just wonder if we should expect the extension of this feature to enable
multi language support of other policies' names sometime soon.

Thanks,
Massoud M. AlShareef
KnowledgeWare