[Koha-devel] New Firefox version 57 incompatibility with JS Print Setup Addon

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Tue Nov 7 14:29:16 CET 2017

Excerpts from Roger Grossmann's message of 2017-11-07 12:02:06 +0100:
> With an activated automated Firefox update function the update is going to be installed automatically after 2017-11-17 which makes the silent print feature likely to be dysfunctional.
> Looks like blocking the FF 57 update until the issue is fixed is the only way for now to keep the silent printing feature.

Another workaround is to use the method recommended in the Koha manual
in Appendix C (Configuring Receipt Printers), which is to set the
print.always_print_silent preference to true.  This is what we're
using at our library, but it isn't convenient for users that need to
use multiple printers from Firefox.