[Koha-devel] REST api enhancement to ease development

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 21:13:38 CEST 2017

Hi, we've been involved in a small discussion about a way to generalize
query parameters handling (with the focus on making it easier to write new
endpoints, and repeat code less).

In the process I declared some 'reserved' keywords that are clearly
described on each related bug.

I put things together from some of those conversations in bug 19410. This
probably explains the dependencies:

https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/showdependencygraph.cgi?id=18731

Follow the dependencies to better track what's done so far.

Here you can see it "in action" on the list_orders controller method:
https://github.com/tomascohen/koha/blob/bug_18731_orders_endpoint/Koha/REST/V1/Acquisitions/Orders.pm#L26-L52

And this is how the OpenAPI path definition looks like with the 'reserved'
params:
https://github.com/tomascohen/koha/blob/bug_18731_orders_endpoint/api/v1/swagger/paths/acquisitions_orders.json#L35-L42

And the parameters definition [1]:
https://github.com/tomascohen/koha/blob/bug_18731_orders_endpoint/api/v1/swagger/parameters.json#L17-L50

Thanks in advance for your feedback and testing.

[1] Yes, there's room for modularization (parameters/reserved.json?). Help
is welcome.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io <http://theke.io/>)