[Koha-devel] Upcoming installation bumps...

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:50:15 CEST 2018

Greetings!

I attempted to install packages on Bionic Beaver (Ubuntu 18.04 which is coming out shortly). I had to:
    sudo apt-get install libxml-sax-perl
    cpan2deb Marc::Charset
    sudo dpkg -i libmarc-charset-perl_1.35-1_all.deb
    sudo apt-get install libmarc-perl
    cpan2deb Marc::XML
    sudo dpkg -i libmarc-xml-perl_0.4-1_all.deb
-- strangely koha-common installed after this.

But my initial attempt to call up the staff client for the web
install steps triggered a nasty error requiring this:
    cpan2deb Marc::File::XML --version 1.0.5
    sudo dpkg -i libmarc-file-xml-perl_1.0.5_all.deb
Then I was able to get through the web installer steps,
including onboarding.

I'm no packaging guru, but could we get those into the packaging somehow?

GPML,
Mark Tompsett