[Koha-devel] Presentation and questions about koha development

Estefanía soesgove at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:36:04 CEST 2018

Good night to everyone! Nice to meet you
I am Estefanía, from Argentina and my first approach to koha was the past year, in a comparison to decide wich ILS is the best to adapt it for my University´s Libraries.
And now, for the Final Project of my career I want to adapt it. I’ve read about the KohaDevBox, but it says “The KohaDevBox is not suitable for running Koha in production”, so I think it doesn´t work for me, right?
I wish to use the IDE Eclipse, but when I follow the steps in https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Eclipse, I got an error when I try to execute the command “sudo lxc-create -t download -n u1 -- -d kohadev -r trusty -a amd64”, it says:
“ERROR: Couldn't find a matching image.
lxc-create: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1297 container creation template for u1 failed
lxc-create: tools/lxc_create.c: main: 318 Error creating container u1”
Anyway, I have a Debian Stretch Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, so I follow these steps:
“echo deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha unstable main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install koha-perldeps”
Installed JRE from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-133155.html, Eclipse from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/oomph/epp/oxygen/R2/eclipse-inst-linux64.tar.gz, EPIC from http://www.epic-ide.org/download.php and Perl PadWalker-module.
Installed git-core and downloaded “git://git.koha-community.org/koha.git kohaclone”
And get an error indicating that the archive koha-conf.xml wasn’t found…so I copied it to the default path, and this error gets fixed.
But I get errors in the source code when I did not change anything, I would like to work from the koha 17.11 stable version, I did something wrong? There is a way to download from git a stable version?
Best regards,
Estefanía

---