[Koha-devel] Official Docker image

Benjamin Rokseth benjamin.rokseth at deichman.no
Wed Apr 18 06:41:57 CEST 2018

>Hi everyone, on the CI front, I have recently introduced (successfully) the
>broad use of Docker images to run the full test suite. This project, named
>koha-testing-docker [1], evolved into a usable development environment too.
>Right now I'm trying to spend some time on porting kohadevbox things into
>it.

Great news, Tomas! That will definitely ease development and sandboxing.
Probably also migration to elasticsearch.

> This Docker image is built and published automatically by our Jenkins
> server, and then used in the three nodes we have to run the tests.

> We also have a Docker image for building koha-* packages wherever we need
> to (yes, we want to automate this, and properly test the generated packages
> using the CI infrastructure). [2]

Since you're already on gitlab, why not use it for CI instead?
Then you could have all code in one place. Retire mr Jenkins, only
thing we miss is the Chuck Norris plugin.

>With this knowledge, and the infrastructure part of it solved, I would like
>to start publishing an official Docker image of Koha. Once we have this,
>the koha-testing-docker tools would be rebuilt on top of it.

And it gets even better!
Let us know if we can help

Benjamin Rokseth
Deichman Public Library