[Koha-devel] OAuth2 - client credentials fr 18.05

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:46:03 CEST 2018

Hi, during the 18.05 release cycle a lot of progress has been made towards
the goal of having a REST api.

We voted the written and discussed RFC for the endpoints there was need to
have [1]
Some of them are already in master for 18.05, others are WIP. But the fact
we have some roadmap of things we agreed on is a great milestone. Congrats!

The missing piece for this (besides making the REST api grow faster) is
having a standard way to authenticate external systems so they can interact
with Koha in a healthy way. Take Coral as an example: it needs to be able
to add biblios, add purchase orders, etc. Or custom user management systems
to inject patrons or update their statuses, etc.

We chose to implement the OAuth2 client credentials grant, which is a
standard for this kind of use cases. Great work Julian! [2].

The patches have gone through the QA process, and we are almost done. We
still have 2 days before the feature freeze to adjust things. So if you
have an opinion (positive, negative but constructive, etc), please comment
here or better in the related bugs. It is now, or after the release!

Thanks!

[1] https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/REST_api_RFCs
[2] *https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/showdependencygraph.cgi?id=20612
<https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/showdependencygraph.cgi?id=20612>*