[Koha-devel] zebra package

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Aug 28 17:25:58 CEST 2018

Has anyone else had a problem installing zebra (possibly 2.0.44) on
Ubuntu 18.04LTS?

We are currently updating our IT structure as part of our two-year LTS
cycle. Koha (various versions, all tarball which is a policy decision)
install properly, have perfect www interfaces (admin and public), but
fail as all searches report nothing found, because zebra is apparently
mis- | badly | not installed ("about" gives a blank, where 12.04, 14.04
and 16.04 report "Zebra 2.0.44") On the other hand, commands such as:
./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -r -v
./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -v -x
work perfectly, reporting proper numbers of auths and bibs, cleaning,
and reporting no errors.

I would welcome any thoughts, particularly a debian/ubuntu package
repository/name suitable for either apt or cpan. Thanks.

Paul