[Koha-devel] zebra package

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Aug 29 02:34:05 CEST 2018

1. Don't compile Zebra from source. Indexdata has a tonne of packages available that you can use instead.

Take a look at the Downloads section on https://www.indexdata.com/resources/software/zebra/ (or http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/zebra/ubuntu/README) . I wouldn't use the Zebra packages from the Debian/Ubuntu distros since they're old and buggy. Robin and I reported the problems with 2.0.59 years ago, but I think the maintainer has disappeared, so nothing is being done about it anymore. I've thought about taking over as maintainer for Debian, but don't have the time at the moment.

2. When you're having issues with Zebra, this is a really good place to look: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Zebra.

Robin set it up ages ago and I've contributed to it from time to time. It looks like https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Zebra#No_such_record_type specifically relates to your problem.

Cheers,

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems