[Koha-devel] Autorenewals renewing an item then sending a renew failure email the next day

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Dec 10 01:15:03 CET 2018

Hi Holger,

I think you're right about notices being disabled by default. Looking at debian/koha-common.cron.daily I don't see the "--send-notices" flag which is being used by the non-Debian libraries I support.

I think turning off notices will probably be the advice I give from now on, and hopefully that's well received, as this looks like a difficult issue for gaining consensus.

Ah, that's a good point about CanBookBeRenewed affecting other things than just autorenewals. (One reason I didn't want to write a patch locally was the possibility of unintended consequences I didn't foresee, so I'm glad that you mentioned that!)

I'll have to think more about this one, but for now I'll just recommend that my libraries turn off the notices.

Thanks for your input!

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems