[Koha-devel] REST API authentication for external clients

Jon Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 16:17:20 CET 2018

nOn Tue, 27 Feb 2018, Julian Maurice wrote:
> I think we really need an authentication mechanism other than cookies,
> so people can actually start using the API.
>
> There is bug 13920 [2] that hasn't moved since 8 months. I remember that
> some people disagreed with this patchset because it is crafting a custom
> authentication system instead of using some "standard" one (I remember
> OAuth was mentioned).
> Do you know of any "standard" auth system that we can implement, or
> existing Perl libraries we can use ?

How about the Perl OAuth2.0 libraries?

http://search.cpan.org/~markov/Net-OAuth2-0.63/lib/Net/OAuth2.pod

OAuth2.0 is pretty much becoming the standard for talking to various
RESTful APIs - I've used it against Google calendars, Microsoft Graph API,
etc, etc.  Admittedly I've often crafted my own OAuth2.0 support for those
though.

Jon