[Koha-devel] W3C Validator now generates several warnings on OPAC pages

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 22:18:12 CET 2018

Hi,

I generally use the W3C Validator to make sure that editable OPAC blocks do
not contain any non-conforming / invalid HTML5. Earlier, the validator used
to complain only about the unapi-server as the only error, which is
unavoidable.

However, from around Dec 2017, I started noticing that Koha's OPAC pages
were triggering several warnings when checked with W3C Validator - about 10
- 14 (or more) warnings that comes up. The warnings are about the type
attribute set to "text/javascript" in the <script> element and the type
attribute set to "text/css" in the <style> element.

I've filed two bugs - 20053 and 20054 for these respectively. What do you
all think? Should we fix this OR should be let things be as they are, for
now?

cheers
indranil

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg