[Koha-devel] Centralize and move to gitlab

Fridolin SOMERS fridolin.somers at biblibre.com
Thu Jan 25 15:57:31 CET 2018

Hi,

We at Biblibre are using gitlab for some time : http://git.biblibre.com/

Its fun but we have some issues.
First note that repo can not be accessed by GIT protocol, only SSH and HTTP.
Then we add issues with repo having to much branches (around 300).

We are now moving to gitea https://try.gitea.io/

Have a look.

Regards,

Le 23/01/2018 à 20:46, Jonathan Druart a écrit :
> Hi devs,
>
> (Spoiler: I am not talking about a move from bugzilla to gitlab for the
> Koha git repo)
>
> Just a quick comment: gitlab has the ability to move projects with all the
> issues.
>
>>From the export page of a project, they say:
> """
> The following items will be exported:
> Project and wiki repositories
> Project uploads
> Project configuration including web hooks and services
> Issues with comments, merge requests with diffs and comments, labels,
> milestones, snippets, and other project entities
> """
>
> So that will be easy to move (already discussed with Chris, will do in May)
> * koha-community-devs-users/kohadocs to koha-community/kohadocs
> * https://gitlab.com/koha-dashboard/koha-dashboard to
> koha-community/koha-dashboard
>
> And the ones from github too:
> * joubu/koha-misc4dev to koha-community/koha-misc4dev
> * Koha-Community/qa-test-tools to koha-community/qa-test-tools
>
> Then, maybe:
> koha-testing-docker
> koha-release-notes
> kohadevbox
> koha-howto
>
> The idea is to centralize our things in one place, ease the PRs and the
> ability to clone/fork keeping the visibility on what is the reference
> (account 'koha-community'). I would also like to generate a CI
> configuration for some of them.
> CI file for Koha: https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/us/146
> (I am going to submit that on bugzilla soon)
> CI file for the manual:
> https://gitlab.com/koha-community-devs-users/kohadocs/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml
>
> Any pros/cons?
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan
>
> (No troll please)

Fridolin SOMERS <fridolin.somers at biblibre.com>
BibLibre - software and system maintainer