[Koha-devel] Centralize and move to gitlab

Victor Grousset victor.grousset at biblibre.com
Fri Jan 26 18:18:17 CET 2018

+1

On 25/01/2018 15:57, Fridolin SOMERS wrote:
 > We at Biblibre are using gitlab for some time : http://git.biblibre.com/
 >
 > Its fun but we have some issues.
 > First note that repo can not be accessed by GIT protocol, only SSH and
 > HTTP.

It seems that it should be working.
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/support-forum/issues/104

Although `git clone git://gitlab.com/tuxayo/koha.git` timeouts for me.
Maybe there is a network problem similar to the one described in the issue.

 > Then we add issues with repo having to much branches (around 300).

Note that we are running version 6.8.1 (April 2014)
So part of our feedback (hopefully) doesn't apply to the latest versions.

Here are two repo for those wanting to try some performance demanding
scenarios
https://gitlab.com/tuxayo/koha/ # lot of commits and tags
https://framagit.org/tuxayo/openADS  # lots of branches
(I remember that some things were still slow few month ago so part of
the feedback is accurate with 300 branches and 100 tags)

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset, dev support/maintenance
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques