[Koha-devel] Bug 1993 - Task Scheduler Needs Re-write

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Jun 14 17:59:56 CEST 2018

This is an old issue that's never really been addressed. As I understand
it, at one time, we had a tool that used the unix 'at' scheduler to run
requested reports. This was a huge security hole, and we disabled it....
and it's never worked since.

As such, those who host servers must add calls to runreport.pl by hand.

Bug 1993 was opened to address this. It was marked as 'In Discussion' in
2013. I would like to see this move forward -- server admins are dying from
a thousand paper cuts, and I think that users would benefit from having
more control over when their reports are scheduled.

What still needs to be discussed here?

Thanks,

--Barton