[Koha-devel] Staff/OPAC ISBD views and subfield visibility

Andreas Roussos arouss1980 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:35:18 CEST 2018

Hi Katrin,

As far as our library is concerned we would not want the users to see in
marc view an internal numerical code, which could be puzzling and
confusing, especially if they are looking at personal name entries, who are
usually followed by a role code in unimarc, e.g. 070 for author.

Furthermore, why is the code looking for these values "if hidden" only in
the opac interface? Why is such requirement only for opac isbd – why not
for intranet isbd also, if at all necessary?

Sorry for insisting, but we would like to know the usefulness and reasoning
behind this.

Regards,
Andreas