[Koha-devel] Koha on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 14:29:32 CEST 2018

Greetings,

When this happens, I prefer to package, however haphazardly, them.

cd ~
mkdir dhmake
sudo apt-get install dh-make-perl
cd dhmake
cpan2deb Marc::Charset
yes
sudo
-- should be noted some people don't like that answer. *shrug* I just go
with it.
sudo dpkg -i libmarc-charset-perl_<tab><enter>
-- it should auto-complete the entire deb name
sudo apt-get install libmarc-perl
-- I figured out this is a prerequisite for libmarc-xml-perl
cpan2deb Marc::XML
sudo dpkg -i  libmarc-xml-perl_<tab><enter>

In this case, these are easy. And I do it this way, so that if either make
it into default repos as newer versions, they will get upgraded with sudo
apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade

GPML,
Mark Tompsett